Sunday 2 May 2010

Day 5 - An unscheduled return

Things did not go to plan overnight!

I did not have a great night's sleep, feel a little bit like I have some virus of some sort and the knee was a little sore.  Woke up to go downstairs at about 1.00 a.m. to find a leaking dressing on my knee.  My first thoughts were here we go again as I've suffered infections in wounds after my last two operations and this really plays havoc with the recovery.  A couple of co-codamol and a cup of tea later it was back to bed to try and get some more sleep.

I had a reassuring visit to the hospital where I had the surgery.  Nurse Carol dressed  my wounds again and says no infections, yippee!  I also had a reasonably pleasant experience asking for stronger pain relief.  This will be the subject of another blog, but for once I was not treated like a junkie and someone actually listened to the problem and prescribed a stronger dose.  Wow!

More later.

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment